In Episode #4 of The Manager’s Minute Video Series, Mary Pat explains the difference between insurance “eligibility” and insurance “benefits” and why a successful practice should check them both for every patient, at every visit.
Posts Tagged how-to videos
“How’s It Ben Going”: Caregiver Ben Makes Flip Camera Videos for Heartland Health and 15 Ways You Can Use Video in Your Practice
Here’s a delightful video that Caregiver Ben made about employee BMI screening for Heartland Health. All it takes is a flip video camera ($100 – $200) and a little practice. Think of all the ways you could use video at your practice:
- New employee orientation & training
- Training for existing employees learning new processes
- Introduction of new protocols
- Documentation of office events
- Pediatrics – filming baby’s first visit as a gift to the parents
- Geriatrics – filming the doctor’s instructions for the caregiver
- Filming instructions for a non-English speaker with the translator
- Filming instructions for a low-literacy patient
- Filming new physician visits to help improve eye contact and communication
- Welcome to our practice video on your website
- Videos on your website showing patient how to check blood sugar, take their blood pressure, check their home for fall risks – endless!
- Videos of each provider introducing themselves
- Videos of most frequently asked questions in your practice
- Testimonials of satisfied patients on your website
- If it’s hard to have regular staff meetings or if you typically write an office newsletter once a month or so, make a video staff meeting or newsletter!