As we finish off another month here at MMP, we wanted to go back over some of our most popular posts from the month and get ready for another busy, productive, and meaningful month. Presenting, The Best of Manage My Practice, October 2011!
- Are you ready for the holidays? How about the New Year? Even though it’s still a few months off, make sure you don’t see an interruption in your practice’s cashflow by getting ready for the January 1st 5010 deadline!
- CMS has released the Premiums and Deductibles for Medicare patients for 2012, so you can start informing staff and patients now. More importantly, will 2012 be the year that you get serious about collecting deductibles at the time of service?
- Mary Pat’s “Collection Basics”series about the fundamentals of Revenue Cycle Management in Physician offices is now at part three! Check out Patient Collections Basics: Developing a Financial Assistance Program.
- One of Healthcare’s most misunderstood and underutilized documents– the Medicare Advance Beneficiary Notice- is changing for 2012. Make sure you’re ready.
- And finally, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) of he department of Health and Human services has released its 2012 Work Plan for areas it will concentrate on investigating. Better safe than sorry! Mary Pat goes over the highlights here.
We’ve started this monthly wrap-up to make sure you don’t miss any of the great stuff we post throughout the month on Manage My Practice, but we also want to hear from you! What were your favorite posts and discussions this month? Did we skip over your favorite from October? Let us know in the comments!