May 19, 2010 Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Special Open Door Forum: Medicare Provider & Supplier Enrollment
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will hold a Special Open Door Forum (ODF) to discuss Medicare provider enrollment issues. During this call, CMS staff will discuss:
- The May 5, 2010 provider enrollment regulation titled, “Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Changes in Provider and Supplier Enrollment, Ordering and Referring, and Documentation Requirements; and Changes in Provider Agreements (CMS-6010-IFC)”
- Medicare ordering and referring issues, including physician notification
- Documentation requirements
- Internet-based Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS)
- Physician, non-physician practitioner, provider and supplier organizations
- Upcoming availability of Internet-based PECOS for DMEPOS suppliers
- Pharmacy accreditation issues
- Advanced diagnostic imaging accreditation
- Provider and supplier reporting responsibilities
- Revalidation efforts
Afterwards, there will be an opportunity for the public to ask questions.
May 19, 2010
3:00PM – 5:00PM ET
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM CT
Open Door Forum Instructions:
Capacity is limited so dial in early. You may begin dialing into this forum as early as 2:45 PM ET.
Reference Conference ID 61448973
Read my post on the date change for PECOS enrollment that relates to CMS-6010-IFC here.