Sometimes a job just gets a little old, and even the best employees need a little something to get them re-engaged and excited again. Try one of the ideas below at your practice and let me know in the comments the ways you keep your staff energized and engaged!
1. Provide a career track and offer multiple levels of learning jobs. For instance, break the receptionist job into steps (see below) and set time lines for attaining those goals. You may want several steps to be accomplished at 90-days, more at 6-months, and more at 12-months. There may be monetary awards, honor awards, or qualifications for other acknowledgements.
- Pre-registering patients by phone – demographics
- Making appointments & mini-register for new patients
- Registering patients face-to-face – demographics
- Understanding insurance plans and registering their insurance
- Taking photo ID or taking photos
- Collecting co-pays
- Answering basic patient questions
- Answering advanced patient questions
- Reviewing the financial policy with patients
2. Offer certifications and credentials – support staff emotionally, time-wise and financially so they can attend face-to-face or online courses.