Manage My Practice offers practical and actionable information in a value-rich format to help medical practice managers, physicians, mid-level providers, medical practice staff and vendors understand the nuts and bolts of the healthcare world.
What makes Manage My Practice webinars unique is that every webinar comes with an Action Pack to deepen your understanding of the topic and to give you templates, forms and worksheets in Word format to put the topic into practice in your practice!
If you have questions about any of our webinars, please contact us.
July 11th (Thursday) at 1:00 p.m. ET (60 minutes) (click here to register)
- Developing a Credit Card on File Program in Your Medical Practice (see details)
July 18th (Thursday) at 3:00 p.m. ET (60 minutes)
- NEW! All About the ABN (details and link coming soon)
Developing a Credit Card on File Program in Your Medical Practice
How to Cut Your Medical Practice’s A/R and Collection Costs in Just 60 Minutes.
We know patients are bearing more of the financial burden for healthcare, particularly in the form of High Deductible Health Plans (HDHPs), so it falls to the provider to collect the deductibles. How can you collect deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance, as well as electronically manage patient payment plans while reducing the associated labor and resource expense? Register for the Manage My Practice webinar that teaches you everything you need to know to spend less and collect more at time of service by implementing a Credit Card on File Program in your practice.
What is a Credit Card on File Program?
A Credit Card on File (CCOF) Program facilitates the collection of a credit or debit card from each patient and requires this card to be used for co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles. You have the option of collecting an estimate of what is due at time of service, and/or charging the credit card when the payer pays the claim.
What are the benefits of a Credit Card on File Program?
- Reduced days in accounts receivable.
- Improved cash flow.
- Elimination of statements.
- Electronic management of payment plans.
- Elimination of bounced checks.
- Elimination of the manual refund process and refund check expense.
- Reduced labor in daily reconciliation process.
- Elimination of cash drawers and change issues.
- Reduction or elimination of deposits.
- Facilitate faster check-in and check-out.
- Elimination of paper receipts.
- Elimination of collections expense.
This one-hour webcourse with accompanying materials is an incredible value at $59.95
What will I learn if I take this webinar?
1. Understand how a credit card on file program differs from traditional payment options offered by practices.
2. Learn the terminology and protocols of credit card processing its not as mysterious as it seems!
3. Compare credit card processing fees and choose a vendor based on an informed analysis.
4. Utilize handouts to train staff and educate patients on the credit card on file program.
5. Successfully implement a credit card on file program.
What does the program include?
Purchase of this program for only $59.95 includes the live webinar, slide handouts, and a complete Action Pack of forms and templates in Word, including:
1. Worksheet for Credit Card on File Program Return on Investment (ROI)
2. Staff Script & Role Playing Suggestions for Staff Training
3. Sample Security Policy to Comply With PCI Guidelines
4. Credit Card on File Program Timeline Worksheet
5. Credit Card Program Comparison Worksheet
6. Patient Handout #1: Information About Our Credit Card on File Program & Discontinuation of Statements
7. Patient Handout #2: What is a Deductible and How Does It Affect Me?
8. Sample Patient Agreement for the Credit Card on File Program
The Complete Guide to Revenue Cycle Management
NOTE: This series in currently not in session – look for our next session in July 2013.
You spoke and we listened – you asked for a comprehensive course on Revenue Cycle Management and we brought it to you!
This series is for anyone who wants to understand the medical practice revenue cycle from the very beginning to the very end: physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, advanced practice registered nurses, practice administrators, office managers, consultants, vendors, students, coders, billers and those who want a RCM foundation to enter the healthcare field. Anyone who wants to know more about how reimbursement in healthcare works in the medical practice will find this comprehensive series indispensable.
You won’t find this comprehensive course anywhere else except at Manage My Practice. Webinar leader Mary Pat Whaley, FACMPE, CPC has developed this program from 25+ years of experience in medical practice management and from requests she gets weekly for education on the revenue cycle management process.
The Complete Guide to Revenue Cycle Management – a Five Module Comprehensive Curriculum
Module I. The Foundation
- Payer Contracting
- Payer Matrix
- Setting a Fee Schedule
- Understanding Medicare Part B
Module II. The Data Build
- Practice Management System Set-up
- Patient Demographics & Insurance Information
- Eligibility & Benefits
- CPTs, HCPCS, ICD-9
Module III. The Pre-Claim Process
- Collecting at TOS
- Documentation: Paper vs Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Physician Coding vs. Abstraction Coding
- The Superbill vs. Using the EMR to Bill
- Claim Scrubbing: The Three Gates
Module IV. The Post-Claim Process
- Write-offs, Denials and Appeals
- Daily Reconciliation Process
- Patient Collections and Payment Plans
Module V. Monitoring
- Monthly Reports
- The Practice Dashboard/Snapshot Report
- Strategies for Improving Revenue
- Benchmarks for Staffing
- Revenue Cycle Compliance and Auditing
Also Included! Action Pack – Handouts in Word/Excel
- Contract Reference Matrix
- Contract Review Template
- Fee Schedule Worksheet
- Medicare Resources
- Allowable Cheat Sheet
- Write-off Approval Form
- Daily Reconciliation Form
- Refund Request
- Monthly Report List
- Sample Snapshot Report
- Sample Revenue Cycle Compliance Plan
Here’s what one attendee wrote about a recent Manage My Practice Webinar “Information was right on! Great examples and real life experiences.”