Are you worried what a Medicare or other payer audit of your medical records might find?
Let us find it first and help you turn your practice into a model of compliance and appropriate documentation. Whether you want a routine or focused audit, our process makes it easy to upload paper or electronic charts to a HIPAA/HITECH-compliant, secure location for our experienced coders to review your records. We report back in 2 weeks or less with specific findings to share with your providers, or a customized provider training program via interactive online meeting.
In addition to standard Evaluation and Management Coding Audits, some popular focused chart and billing audits we perform are:
- Proper use of incident-to rule for Medicare or proper billing for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Appropriate use of critical care codes
- 30-Day audit of new providers
- Appropriate documentation of split/shared visits with Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants
- External review of your internal coding department
We also offer ICD-10 training, documentation improvement review and superbill/picklist conversion.
For Chart Audits contact us here or call Mary Pat Whaley at (919) 370-0504.