We’re very excited today to announce the official “unveiling” of the new design for managemypractice.com. We’ve had various versions of the old and new sites up as we’ve tinkered with them for the past few weeks, but we are now thrilled to have the new site finished and ready to show our readers. For those of you used to seeing our blog posts on the homepage you can find them under the “Blog” tab in our navigation menu, or by bookmarking http://managemypractice.com/blog/. We also have beautiful new pages for all of our consulting and service offerings, and will be shortly adding some of our favorite educational and consulting materials to our new store (check back soon!).
In addition to the new look, we have two webinars to announce for July:
#1: Taking the Mystery Out of Using the ABN
On Thursday July 18th, from 3-4pm EST we will be presenting our brand new webinar – “Learn How to Use the Medicare ABN and the Non-Medicare ABN to Your Practice’s Advantage” ABN stands for “Advance Beneficiary Notice” and is a form you give to patients when you anticipate that Medicare or another payer will not pay for a specific medical service. This is an expanded webinar with 75 minutes of content and 15 minutes of Q & A with the attendees. This 90-minute program is $99.00 per attendee. See more details below. Click here to register for “Learn How to Use the Medicare ABN and Non-Medicare ABN to Your Practice’s Advantage.”
What will I learn by attending the ABN webinar?
- How to use the ABN to benefit your practice six ways.
- How to evaluate losses due to use of the ABN.
- What is medical necessity and how does it relate to the ABN?
- When is an ABN required by Medicare?
- How to complete the ABN form.
- Using the ABN functionality in your EMR.
- Workflow options for introducing the ABN to the patient.
- What to do about patients who refuse to sign the ABN.
- How to use the correct claim codes for the Medicare ABN.
- Collecting for ABN services.
- Using an ABN for commercial payers.
What does the program Action Pack include?
- Current Medicare ABN
- Non-Medicare ABN
- Workflow charts for the ABN process
- Sample protocol and policy for using an ABN
#2: How to Reduce Collection Expense and Increase Revenue
In addition, our wildly popular “Starting a Credit Card on File Program in Your Practice” program will be presented again on Thursday, July 11th 1-2pm EST. The webinar walks you and your staff through the process of starting a credit card on file program in your practice, notifying and educating patients and selecting a credit card processor. This one-hour program is $59.95 per attendee and will put you on the track to lowering expenses and increasing collections in your practice. See more details below. Click here to register for “Starting a Credit Card on File Program in Your Practice” on Thursday, July 11th!
Why should I attend the CCOF webinar?
We know that patients are bearing more of the financial burden for healthcare, particularly in the form of High Deductible Health Plans (HDHPs), so it falls to the provider to collect the deductibles. How can you collect deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance, as well as electronically manage patient payment plans while reducing the associated labor and resource expense? Register for the Manage My Practice webinar that teaches you everything you need to spend less and collect more at time of service by implementing a Credit Card on File Program in your practice.
A Credit Card on File (CCOF) Program facilitates the collection of a credit or debit card from each patient and requires this card to be used for co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles. You have the option of collecting an estimate of what is due at time of service, and/or charging the credit card when the payer pays the claim.
What will I learn by attending the CCOF webinar?
- Understand how a credit card on file program differs from traditional payment options typically offered by practices.
- Learn the terminology and protocols of credit card processing – it’s not as mysterious as it seems!
- Compare credit card processing fees and choose a vendor based on an informed analysis.
- Utilize handouts to train staff and educate patients on the credit card on file program.
- Successfully implement a credit card on file program.
What does the program Action Pack include?
- Worksheet for Credit Card on File Program Return on Investment (ROI)
- Staff Script & Role Playing Suggestions for Staff Training
- Sample Security Policy to Comply With PCI Guidelines
- Credit Card on File Program Timeline Worksheet
- Credit Card Program Comparison Worksheet
- Patient Handout #1: Information About Our CreditCard on File Program & Discontinuation of Statements
- Patient Handout #2: What is a Deductible and How Does It Affect Me?
- Sample Patient Agreement for the Credit Card on File Program